IAB U.S. Podcast Advertising Revenue Study: FY 2019 & 2020 COVID-19 Impact
IAB Podcast Revenue Research was Published a few days ago. The full report can be accessed Here. We organized some of the highlights from that report for you.
2019 Full Year Highlights
• Total market year-over-year revenue estimate increased 48% to $708.1 million in 2019, from FY 2018’s total market estimate of $479.1 million
• News is the leading podcast content genre for US podcast advertisers, capturing 22% of revenues
• Health & Wellness and Home & Appliance are the largest DTC sub-categories
• Host-read ads contributed 66% of podcast advertising revenues in 2019
2020 US podcast advertising
Revenue expected to increase by 14.7% despite COVID-19; $708m (48% y/y growth) in ad revenue reported the last year 2020 Expected Growth
• With an expected growth rate of 14.7%, US podcast advertising revenues are nearing the $1b mark1
• Q3 and Q4 2020 podcast revenues expected to rebound
• Podcast advertising considered more resistant than other media against COVID-19 for multiple reasons; the channel’s agile and flexible format enables a quick-shifting of ad messaging; the News genre, which was already favored by podcast advertisers, is seeing greater adoption by consumers in 2020; the already strong podcast ad industry categories, DTC and Financial, are maintaining overall market strength despite COVID-19
The full IAB Article source can be found here.